the wings of the morning

Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

Thursday, April 12, 2007

live radio show

Go here to listen to a live set by the band I'm playing with--the acoustic side of things--this Monday, April 16th, from 11:23 am - noon, est.

On the fence? Here are some quotes from reviews of their last acoustic record (the creation of which I of course had nothing to do with), cherry-picked by the label that released it:

"revitalize these songs of love and death with passion, taste and talent"
-ALL THINGS CONSIDERED

"unusual and refreshing"- CMJ

"unpretentious...winning and warm"- SING OUT

"Incredible!"- TimeOUT (London)

"most exhilarating....fiercely performed" - Hartford Courant

"There's no affected lack of sophistication or fawning respect in the music. The band members just play, and they don't hold back"- Chapel Hill News

"exquisite and ominous" - Columbus Dispatch

"Those harmonies are scandalous" - Dwight Diller

"tastefully heavy" - Chicago Tribune

"ploughing a unique furrow" - FolkRoots (London)

"You may have been on the planet Mars for the past few years, but there are few other bands to match the potential and scope of [this band]...Absolutely fabulous. THE band to catch"- First Hearing (Manchester England)

-ROLLING STONE

- PULSE



I like "exquisite and ominous."

Another show has been scheduled, and more are in the works. So glad this project continues, at least for another couple of months. It's been good for me.

Speaking of kicking ass and taking names, G's company may not have massive funding yet, but he has kept his mind on the work--on doing his absolute best with what is in front of him--and he is consequently on fire. He came home from a meeting yesterday a changed man. To him, it was just another meeting, which happened to go well, but I could tell that the consistent, subtle changes he's been making energetically as he approaches his work, his attitudes and inner landscape, had quietly resulted in a tectonic shift from which I do believe there can be no return. He exuded an irresistible, matter-of-fact confidence. He spoke about his business so articulately, with such focused animation, that I was utterly drawn up into his observations. This stuff could be a bit dry in other hands, I imagine. But my man? Genius! So smart, so funny, so powerful. He seems happier and more comfortably confident all the time.

So I'd better go! I have work to do if I'm going to keep up with him. Yay.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be at work...but hoping it'll be available online later??

4/12/2007 1:33 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

I am so there on Monday. Amazing reviews. I am SO happy for you to be singing with your dream band. xoxo

4/13/2007 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home