the wings of the morning

Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

Monday, October 02, 2006

dream jobs

Not feeling very write-y, but shoot, some updates are in order. DH, as they say here in blogland ("dear husband" for slow starters like me), will most likely be leaving his relatively secure job at a company he's grown bored and frustrated with for a new and exciting situation someplace else. Thing is, the else place doesn't quite exist yet, in a sense. It's a start-up which is not yet funded. And somehow... somehow? Somehow, despite periodic lurches into fearful, angry fiscal paranoia since I began to attempt retirement into domestic bliss three years ago, I feel nothing but peace and ease and joy at this prospect.

And it's not because I'm cherishing any illusions about how this start-up is is a sure thing, though it does seem very promising. I know he might end up looking for another job in six months. Maybe sooner! But this is what he wants. In fact, he's been clarifying his vision of his perfect dream job over the past several months, listing aloud characteristics of the position, responsibilities, business model, bosses/partners, and philosophy. And yes--this sure looks like IT. So if we end up (temporarily) scrambling, it will have been for the right reasons: he will have taken a responsible risk and started off confidently on the path to his heart's desire, which is branching off just ahead from the one marked "Pay Dues Here." The man eats and breathes his work. Emits it from his pores. LOVES it. Of course this is the thing to do. I feel so happy for him I well up about it from time to time. What an opportunity! So. We will be just fine.

You may have noticed that the title of this post is in the plural. Heh. Well, the other day I got some email indicating that there might be an opening in my favorite band, or an opportunity to play with them, or something. I don't know. It might be nothing, for me especially since I have no professional experience. But the way I see it, I might as well ask for what I want. And I want to play with them, as I have written about here. They love me as a person, and they know of my talents. It could work, theoretically. So what the hell. I just came out and said hey, you should lemme in the band. Well, that was in an email, actually, and I haven't heard back about it.

I did see the guys over the weekend, in a context where it would have made no sense to discuss it. We were having a lovely time at a big SH singing. They're dear friends and I'm so glad to know them. So all I felt was happy, just to be in a position to even talk about it, which I hope we will. But whatever happens or doesn't, I am just so pleased. I feel so relaxed! I'm just so friggin' happy lately. And this comfort and ease has been a long time coming. So who cares whether this specific dream comes to pass? Things are good now. Maybe I'm happy because I'm not attached to the specifics. But I know I'm also happy because I feel so comfortable asking for what I want. I want to say again, this could be a complete pipe dream. But I think I could do it, and just that is pretty fun, I have to say.

2 Comments:

Blogger daringtowrite said...

Wecome back! I didn't find you before you stopped blogging for a while, but I hope you stick around your blog for a while so I can hear more about your dreams coming true. And, I love that new kitten!

10/02/2006 1:05 PM  
Blogger Jana B said...

The whole Sacred Harp thing sounds very interesting. I looked to see if there were any singings near me, but no luck. Seems like they're more popular in the southern states?

On the "intuitive" thing... so do you just do readings for people? Is that basically what the "consultant" part means? I'm horribly curious still LOL

10/03/2006 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home