the wings of the morning

Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

Friday, May 19, 2006

slackin' away in blogland

Just thought I'd check in. I'm on a sort of spontaneous blogging semi-hiatus. I've been reading you alls' here and there but not feeling inspired to post. I will say that life is good these days. Life is very, very good.

Oh, and that the concerts with the community chorus I joined while doing the AW are happening this weekend. I'm not particularly moved by the piece, but we're performing with a full orchestra and some kick-ass professional soloists, which is cool. I'm glad I got inspired to join: all this rehearsing and fruity singing is making me feel more musician-y again. And it's just so nice to do a concert in May, with flowers and lush greenness exploding everywhere. It even takes me back to some happy high school memories. I do love being on stage.

Oh, and I had a nice little email exchange with my friend and dream bandmate (that phrase is rather cringe-inducing, but it's concise), the one who is moving back to this area for awhile starting this summer. He once again mentioned in a newsletter that he and his wife, who will be sharing a professorship at a local university for a year, are looking to start an American music ensemble open to anybody. I told him I really wanted to join. As I suspected, he's not positive the school will be okay with nonstudents in the project, but he hopes they will be, and he'd love it if I can join. Thank you, AW! This is such a sweet little synchronicity for me. So easy; so not a big deal. AHHH.

Still haven't painted a wedding gift vase, and the alloted practice time quickly draws near a close. Must get on that. Will take photos to share. Over and out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Wish I could come to your concert! Ahhh, yes, high school memories...

5/20/2006 4:26 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

I'm happy to hear life is very good! I ditto teri and wish I too could come to your concert. By the way - I love the photo of all the shoes from your previous post.

5/20/2006 7:44 AM  
Blogger Jana B said...

Eliza!!!!! Not to change the subject from your blogpost (and yes, I wanna see the pictures when you're finished!) but you have GOT to read my blogpost today, you will not believe the syncronicity!!!! (If you get this later, look for the one about the book sale. :)

5/20/2006 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home