the wings of the morning

Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

progress

Things are humming along. Husband's prospective employer is very apparently counting the minutes until the shortest version of the part-time trial period they all agreed on has elapsed so they can begin full-time negotiations. It's true love all around. As G's intuitive consultant (and spiritual advisor), I see very clearly that the only block to all the good that is wanting to come to him now is his ability and willingness to open his heart and mind wide enough to let it all in. So he's working on letting go of as much fear as possible; he's uncrimping his channel. G is my best client. He really listens to what I offer and gets right to work adjusting his thinking. I really envy and admire his ability to make important inner changes, actually. So, wow! A new chapter is about to begin.

Regarding my dream-job prospects, I talked a bit with my special musician friend last night. He/they have absolutely no idea how they're going to proceed for the shows they're booking as a band that more or less broke up a couple of years ago when one member moved to another continent. She's almost definitely not coming back for this project. There are many possibilities, and they like to mix things up. He's not at the decision-making stage yet. But he got all warm and squishy and said my idea of being in the band "just made me so happy." That sounds promising! We have also been talking about writing together. He says he needs someone to bounce things off of in order to write regular songs, and he agreed that I'd be a great person to fill that role for him. He said again last night he's really looking forward to doing something, and talked about how he hopes things will ease up scheduling-wise next semester.

Well, I hope so, too. But again, just to be planting these seeds and feeling very comfortable and detached from specific outcomes feels absolutely marvelous. This is a person to whom I used to give the power to unbalance and unground me. That drove me NUTS. I never wanted it that way and I worked furiously at correcting it for years. So, yay progress. Success, even. And to top it all off, I came up with another idea last night that involved both G and me playing with them which is actually more feasible, and potentially WAY more fun. Who knows? Who knows. Why not toss the dreams out there onto the table and let the larger forces work out the highest and best outcomes for all.

Our tenth wedding anniversary is this week. Time for a nice dinner out and romantic reflections on what a kick-ass job we each did in choosing each other. It's said that 90% of our happiness is derived from our choice of life partner. That figure seems a bit steep, but I can attest to the truth behind the idea!

2 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

uncrimping his channel

I love this image.

Happy anniversary! I can't believe it's been a decade. I rememeber your giddy confession that you had a crush on the dude!! And I remember your beautiful wedding dress and wedding day. How WONDERFUL that you are so perfectly matched. Yay love, yay longevity. xoxo

To be married to an intuitive spiritual counselor...now that would be cool.

Great news on the music scene too. That rox!

10/11/2006 8:09 AM  
Blogger Jana B said...

WOW!!!!!! Eliza, I'm amazed!!!! I remember when I first met you, you were struggling so much with the idea of playing in a band... scared of it, worrying about how it would happen, etc.... and look, it's all coming together!! I'm beyond excited for you!!!!!

10/11/2006 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home