the wings of the morning

Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Inspiration

Okay, I've got it. There's a used bookstore not far from here that's like a mini-utopia - funky former mill with many windows overlooking a lovely roaring river; happy little coffee shop and cozy seating areas - and all the books are used and therefore affordable and guilt-free. It's one of those places I think about going to all the time but somehow rarely do. I once lived literally around the corner from this place for a year and only managed to get over there a handful of times even then. I think it may very well be something I unconsciously deny myself - I'm not cool enough to hang out in this wonderful place... people will know I don't read enough... the staff will ridicule my selections behind my back - hah! There's some censor-speak! Okay, so here are my affirmations: I am wicked cool. I deserve to hang out in places that make me feel good and happy. I am intelligent. I am very open to my ongoing education. I love books. I am eager to read more. I enthusiastically embrace my creative development through doing things and going places my spirit enjoys. Other people find me interesting and delightful. Other people's opinions do not matter. God made me smart and full of life.

My date won't be until tomorrow. I'm a little scared. I'll post about it afterward. Thanks for reading.

10 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Okay I know I'm awash in hormones, like, all the time, but reading this got me all choked up! Choked up with joy, because when I picture you at this marvelous place (and I think I know whereof you write....sigh), you belong there as much as the roaring river, the magestic trees, the wise old books and the quiet country road. I'm really glad you're catching on to that. xo

1/12/2006 12:23 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

duh, majestic?

1/12/2006 12:24 PM  
Blogger eliza said...

aw shucks, teri - i think you just made the Hall of Champions. thank you so much. ( actually, i also remember the first time i played and sang for you. you said simply, "you are so talented." it stuck with me.)

1/12/2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

This is great. I hope your date is absolutely super - and you SO deserve to be right there!

1/12/2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger Aenigma said...

Sounds like a lovely place for a date. I'm confident your artist will really appreciate your choice of location.
Kathryn
http://www.kathrynpetro.com/mindfullife

1/12/2006 11:07 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

I'm back because your comment on my last post brought tears to my eyes. You a wise and wonderful woman!

1/13/2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger The Silent K said...

I hope you delight in the books, and enjoy every second with your wicked self!

1/13/2006 7:48 PM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

So, how'd it go? Sounds like a lovely place. And good for you for listing a whole bunch o' affirmations about yourself in that post.

1/14/2006 3:00 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn in Wonderland said...

You are wicked cool! I support you in your wicked coolness! You are fabulous and deserving of fabulous things and I want to honor you for recognizing this.

In love and light,
Jocelyn

1/14/2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger Jana B said...

Eliza, I wanted to reply to something you said on Marilyns blog:

"i have some of these issues, too. mine may or may not be complicated by the fact that i am very tall. perhaps it's symbolic of the inner battles, the way people say to me, "you make me feel so short!" or, "you haven't gotten any shorter, i see," as if indicting my height on charges of be-littling them! as if anything i am can make them less of, well, anything."

As a person who is only 4 foot 11, I can tell ya that NO ONE can make me feel small except ME! If those particular people feel small, it's because they are insecure in themselves... which really isn't YOUR problem, now is it? LOL

1/15/2006 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home